Mildred
Babita

eXTReMe Tracker
TheTallestMan.com - Giant discussions

News 17-05-2012 - Sultan Kosen

Discussions about extremely tall people

Re: News 17-05-2012 - Sultan Kosen

Postby The Tallest Man » 20 Jun 2012, 00:37

fivefootnine wrote:I turned the photo into a 3D -diorama in order to measure Sultan.

I placed the ruler and platform directly behind the model of Sultan in order to measure him.
After Compensating for the height of the platform on which the ruler is placed, the height of Sultan turns out to be approx 248,6 cm or 8'1 7/78" in this picture. This is of course based on the thought that the ruler in the picture is correct. Feel free to post your thoughts on this work.

I think that is about spot on!

When Sultan was first measured by Guinness World Records in 2009 at 8'1" his standing height was about 7'11". He was still growing at the time and now at 8'3" tall his standing height would be about 8'1" or maybe slightly above after some surgery on his knees. Not sure if this made a difference on his posture.

TTM
TheTallestMan.com - The largest community of Giant enthusiasts
The Tallest Man
The Tallest Man

Postby ellucas » 20 Jun 2012, 01:27

I still insist that Sultan is 2.44m to 2.45m without shoes, watch well your shoes are soled at least 2 cm thick. Look at the new shoes he bought from Mr. Wessels few days ago, have a sole that exceeds an inch in its widest part. Please note the shoes when measuring the height of the giant. Is less than 8 '1 "without shoes, the image is taken from a low angle and close, and just spend preceding the 2.45cm line with the rule. According to this angle should be viewed more highest what is, really do not believe this to more than 2.48cm in those shoes, must be as much to 2.47cm, for me to stop Sultan 2.45m achieved no more.
In the graph seems to have taken up to the end of the hair, but his head is below the top of the hair
ellucas
5'11" tall

Postby lasoi » 20 Jun 2012, 02:14

Well about the best we can hope is that the charts and dioramas get us close to correct and as usual, Fivenine has done excellent work. Thanks for it. Amazing how squat his torso looks in that photo. At first glance I would guess that he had lost several inches due to spinal problems, rather than just a couple.
lasoi
6'0.75" tall

Postby ellucas » 20 Jun 2012, 03:29

I hope not offended Fivenine, I think its fantastic graphics and I think I should thank you for this, does an awesome job and I hope the keep doing as we are very helpful. :cheers:

this photo was published in October 2010 on the network (I do not know if it was taken at that same month), the man next to Sultan said measuring 1.83m. and results in ~ 2.47m Sultan its maximum with shoes, in pixel scale (assuming the two are standing in the same line). Sultan in the second half of 2010 was achieved by stopping at the level that I have mentioned before between 2.44m to 2.45m., Before it was published that his height was 2.51m. It is said that the giant grew when they saw him near the giant George Bell, but we know that Bell was less than 7 '8 "of his youth, and probably well below the 7' 7". I really do not think Sultan has grown, I think the first GWR publish a real height of Sultan, and later issued a corrected height due to deviation of the spine, to publish the official height is known as Sultan who are the 8 '3 " in 2011. I still think he is 2 inches shorter than his official height.
and I do not think its bad posture will subtract only 1 inch from its official height of 8 '3 ". It is at least two inches lower barefoot.
ellucas
5'11" tall

Postby fivefootnine » 20 Jun 2012, 12:48

Thanks for alla responses; ellucas you are right, I measured Sultan Kosen with the shoes on. I tried to find the levels of Sultans Shoes, and If Im right they are about 1' 3/8'' which would make Sultan 8' 0 1/2'' in his stocking feet. I did not take his hair into account, but as he is having a short haircut I dont think it adds that much at all.

For a final height with and without shoes I do as follows.

First I measure Sultan and add the height of the platform (red line). That´s his height in shoes.
I then take of the height of his heels (blue line). The green line shows his height without shoes. Please look at the attached images.,
attachment=1]Bild11kopia.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
bild12kopia.jpg
bild12kopia.jpg (86.85 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
Bild11kopia.jpg
Bild11kopia.jpg (100.28 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
fivefootnine
2'8" Tall

Postby ellucas » 20 Jun 2012, 16:35

:logo: wonderful, that's a fine job Fivenine! :D
ellucas
5'11" tall

Postby The Tallest Man » 23 Jun 2012, 09:03

World’s tallest man steps up for fast-growing Thai girl

The world’s tallest man stepped up to help a rapidly growing Thai girl at Ripley’s Believe It or Not!’s 17th anniversary celebration.

Sultan Kosen, who stands 2.51 m. (8 ft. 3 in.) tall, appeared with seven “Thai human wonders” at the South Pattaya tourist attraction June 9. A victim of a pituitary gland tumor, Kosen, 29, recently received treatment that stopped the out-of-control growth that added two inches to his height since 2009.

Kosen’s appeared to help raise money for Miss Mamaew of Phitsanulok whose height has already reached 1.9 m.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/wo ... 2?ref=pmci

TTM
TheTallestMan.com - The largest community of Giant enthusiasts
The Tallest Man
The Tallest Man

Postby Riese Rudi » 23 Jun 2012, 10:42

It seems that Sultan eventually has a girlfriend:
http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/groesste ... 38395.html
Riese Rudi
1'8" Tall

Postby ellucas » 28 Jun 2012, 23:56

Sultan here next to Mr. Kirk Akdemir, who claims to be 5 '7 ". Assuming that Mr. Akdemir is over 5' 7" barefoot and with shoes more 5 '8 "Sultan was able to stop a little more of the 8 '1 "(my height estimated to Kosen in shoes is 247.5cm) This photo was taken in Hong Kong in the recent visit of Sultan in China. In the photo next to Wadlow-rule it is clear that he hopefully beyond the line of 2.45m. Hair makes us believe that almost exceeds the 8 '2 ". really do not think Kosen exceed 2.48m with shoes. It is clear that Brahim is between 7' 11" barefoot and a bit more than 8 'shoes (as Jun Cai) and not a 8 '1 "in reality (not a real 8'), it seems that the only one genuinely does stop more 8 'is Sultan then Morteza. Of course, if I think Brahim is 8 '1 "but not in their real height, is projected height. Same to Jun Cai.
I still insist that if Kosen was always 2 inches lower than his official height, Tuncel Ummit Never was 7 '1 ", assuming that the picture with the giant Kosen is standing between 7' 11" to 8 ',even with Kosen measuring 8 '1 ", Tuncel is almost as high as rugby player Derwin Jones (6' 10") to nearly 6 '11 "with shoes.

Report image link
http://www.aaglobal.co.uk/news/aa-global-reaches-new-heights-to-help-guinness-world-records-tell-tall-story/
Attachments
Sultan-Man.jpg
Sultan-Man.jpg (90.43 KiB) Viewed 900 times
ellucas
5'11" tall

Postby ellucas » 29 Jun 2012, 00:15

Kosen here with the man who claim to be 6 '(or a little more with their sandals ?) clearly Kosen in mid-2010 was in the 8' 1 "is now measured. As he left to grow for at least a year and half ago, but doctors confirmed recently in 2012.
unless ... the man next Kosen has exaggerated his own height in 1 inch and he is 5 '11" then Kosen is a little more than 8' with shoes and about 7' 11" tall barefoot. Well in 2010 was published for the first time that Kosen had grown and reached a height of 8' 2", then in 2011 it was said that grew and reached the 8 '3 ". Then in 2008 Kosen was 7 '10". Really grew by hormonal problems or because he corrected a spine and knees? :?

In the image Sultan wearing this shoes must be at least 2cm thick at its thickest point.
Attachments
Sultan-.JPG
Sultan-.JPG (87.04 KiB) Viewed 897 times
ellucas
5'11" tall

PreviousNext

Return to The Tallest Man Big Top